Our blog has been devoted to skin cancer and sun safety the last few days, but thought it was important to address the topic of food safety in light of recent news of the E. coli outbreak in Germany. Several people have died and over 2,000 individuals have been sickened in recent days.
E. coli is a bacterium that lives in the digestive track of humans and animals. It can cause nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, mild fever, and diarrhea. Children and the elderly are more susceptible to severe complications. People are exposed to E. coli in a number of ways, including consuming undercooked meat (especially beef) or raw fruits and vegetables. E. coli can be destroyed by cooking meat to an internal temperature of at least 160 degrees and properly washing raw fruits and vegetables.
Rinsing fruits and vegetables in water is often not enough to remove all harmful bacteria. People don’t rinse long enough or use enough rubbing force for water to be completely effective. There are several fruit and vegetable sprays on the market to help, but these often contain chemicals.
SoyWorld USA makes a chemical free product called SoyFresh Fruit and Vegetable Wash that naturally removes 99 percent of bacteria, pesticides, dirt, wax, and fingerprints. These results were also confirmed in an independent laboratory study. Enjoy more vibrant looking and safe-to-eat produce with a quick spray followed by a short water rinse. SoyFresh is safe on both hard and soft produce and can be used on cutting boards and other preparation areas as another line of defense against these harmful substances.
Proper Cleaning of Fruits & Vegetables the SoyFresh Way
- Always make sure your countertops, cutting utensils and surfaces are clean.
- Thoroughly wash your hands before handling any food.
- Avoid purchasing badly bruised, moldy or mushy produce.
- Trim stalks and stems before washing, as germs can bury themselves in tiny crevices.
- Rinds or outer skins also need washed. Dirt, bacteria and pesticides can be transferred inside fruits and vegetables when you cut into them.
- It’s just as important to wash pre-cut and packaged produce.
- Spray with SoyFresh Fruit & Vegetable Wash and follow with a short soak and rinse.
- No need to agitate as our soy micro particles naturally does the work for you.
See and taste the difference for yourself and enjoy a 30 percent discount when you purchase two bottles of SoyFresh Fruit and Vegetable Wash. Just use coupon code CLEANFOOD06 at www.soymagic.com (or click on the coupon on our home page). You’ll also find more information about SoyWorld USA and our other natural soy based products.